Monday, March 31, 2008

insperation

ETIENNE-JULES MAREY AND THE MECHANICS OF THE BODY



this photo was created by the great photographer EJ Marey representing the physics of the human body. Lately I have become highly interested in the recording of time as well as motion and structure of not just the human body as displayed below but also organic forms, patterns and other objects and how they to can reflect motion and time through proper representation and recording. In simpler forms, I have been reflecting upon my child hood lately and the obsession that the human has with repeated patterns and the repetition reflected in every day life, I often refer to the child hood toy the "spiral-graph" as a representation for my inspiration. The great Ej Marey is a great example of my renewed interest in motion and repetition because he is one of the most well known artists to have observed and documented this fascination and physical attributes regarding human motion and the passage of time.

0 comments: